Effects of Sugary Drinks on the Body
19th Jan 2023
Consuming sugary drinks, such as sodas, sports drinks, and fruit drinks, can have a number of negative effects on your body. These effects can be particularly harmful if you consume sugary drinks on a regular basis.
Let’s dive in to look at a few health risks that come as a result of regularly consuming sugary drinks.
- Weight gain: Sugary drinks are high in calories and can contribute to weight gain. The calories in sugary drinks do not provide any nutritional value and can easily contribute to excess calorie intake each day, leading to weight gain over time.
- Lower immune system: Some research suggests that consuming high amounts of sugar can decrease the function of certain immune cells, such as neutrophils and monocytes. These cells play an important role in the body's immune response and are responsible for attacking and destroying invading microorganisms. High intake of sugar can reduce the body's ability to fight off infections.
- Increased risk of type 2 diabetes: Consuming sugary drinks can increase the risk of developing type 2 diabetes. This is because sugary drinks can cause a rapid rise in blood sugar levels, which can damage the cells in the pancreas that produce insulin, a hormone that helps regulate blood sugar levels.
- Tooth decay: Sugary drinks can contribute to tooth decay because the sugar in these drinks can stick to the teeth and provide a breeding ground for bacteria. The acid in sugary drinks can also weaken tooth enamel, making teeth more prone to decay.
- Increased risk of heart disease: Some studies have found that consuming sugary drinks is associated with an increased risk of developing heart disease. This may be due to the high levels of sugar and the resulting increase in blood sugar levels, which can contribute to the development of plaque in the arteries.
- Dehydration: Sugary drinks can contribute to dehydration because they can interfere with the body's ability to regulate fluid balance. This is because the sugar in these drinks can cause the body to lose more water, making it harder to stay hydrated.
Hydration is important, but it is best to limit your intake of sugary drinks. So how can you still enjoy a flavorful, bubbly beverage while not stressing over the sugar and calories?
Bobelo created the first self-carbonating drink pouch that gives you big flavor, big bubbles and big health benefits in a small and portable packet. Our ingredients are transparent. No sugar, no artificial flavors, and no BS. Each drink contains electrolytes, amino acids, real-fruit extracts, herbs, and vitamins all to make hydration more attainable for you!
Bobelo will leave you energized and feeling great inside and out. So toss out those sugar-filled beverages and begin your journey to a healthier, hydrated, and happier you.
Explore flavors here.